Art Supplies For An Architecture CourseWednesday 22 May 2019 - Sandra M
Find out what Architecture equipment you will need.
We have listed the essential Art Supplies to start an Architecture Degree.
If you are about to enrol on to an Architecture Course at University then you will need to come equipped with the right Art Materials to start your BA degree. Knowing what to buy can be quite daunting. To make sure that you have the right equipment for your Architecture Course we have put together a list of the necessary Art Supplies. You will need:
- Portable A1 or A2 Drawing Board.
- Large Adjustable Set Square.
- T-Square Ruler.
- Drawing Instruments – Protractor & Compass. When it comes to choosing a Compass you will be better off buying one with an extension bar (for drawing larger circles) and an adapter for technical pens and fineliners. This means that you won’t have to purchase another one later on in the Architecture Course!
- 300mm Scale Rule With The Following Scale 1:1,1:100, 1:20,1:200, 1:5,1:50, 1:1250, 1:2500.
- A Metal Ruler With A Cutting Edge (bevelled).
- Black Lead Drawing Pencils in 2H to 4B.
- Erasers. A soft eraser and an ink eraser will be useful.
- Rotring Rapidograph Technical Drawing Pens In Sizes 0.18, 0.25, 0.35 & 0.5. A Rotring Rapidograph College Set is also available and works out to be extremely good value! This set contains 3 Rotring Rapidograph Pens in sizes 0.25, 0.35 & 0.5 and other drawing instruments required for your Architecture Course.
- Sketchbooks In A5, A4 & A3 Sizes.
- Heavy Duty Knife (Retractable) & Replacement Blades.
- High Capacity Memory Sticks, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs To Save, Store & Retrieve Your Work.
- Good Quality Digital Camera With Spare Memory Cards & Case.
- ‘Studio Craft & Technique: The Architecture Student’s Handbook’.
Tools For Architecture Course:
- You Will Need To Purchase A Tool Box For Storing & Transporting Your Equipment.
- Wooden Handle Claw Hammer.
- Tenon Saw.
- Small Spirit Level.
- Metal Pliers.
- 5 Metre Metal Tape Measure.
- Metal Punch.
- 45 Degree Angle Square Edged Tool.
If you need any further help or advice on buying Art Supplies for your Architecture Course then please get in touch with Pullingers and we will help you!
Buying Art Supplies for a University Architecture Course can be quite expensive. To help you we have discounted our prices including 25% Off the RRP on all Drawing Boards with FREE UK Standard Delivery. We are also offering a further 10% discount on all Art Materials online. Just enter the Coupon Code UNITEN at the Checkout. This offer is valid until the 31st October 2021. Drawing Boards are excluded from the coupon code as they are already discounted.
How To Draw A Cartoon Dragon
Learn how to draw a cartoon dragon with artist Sarah Jane Vickery.
Watch the video and follow these simple steps. Get drawing!
19/10/2020 by Sandra MRead More
What Is The Best Fineliner Pen
Which Fineliner is the best for using with marker pens? Find out all about fineliners pens here.
Read Sophie Knight's review on the best fineliners
02/03/2020 by Sandra MRead More
Painting With Winsor & Newton Cadmium Free Watercolours
Find out how Winsor & Newton Cadmium Free Watercolours compare to the original cadmiums.
Get a Watercolour Tutorial With Glyn Macey!
05/06/2019 by Sandra MRead More
What Are Winsor And Newton Drawing Inks
Why are Winsor & Newton Drawing Inks so popular with Illustrators & Students? Find out here!
Learn how to use Winsor & Newton Drawing Inks
30/05/2019 by Sandra MRead More